Wednesday, July 22, 2015

T-shirts to Tie Dye Coordinates

Hey everyone! This time my refashion was created using two large men's t-shirts.


I found these shirts at the thrift store for $2 each. They each had velcro sewn into one of the shoulder seams.

I decided these would be perfect to transform into a new crop top and skirt set. Using a tank top pattern I had to trace out the shape, I used one of the shirts to create a top:


With the other shirt, I created a skirt:


For more detail on how I made these, check out this post on my blog.

The sewing wasn't the end of this refashion, though. These pieces had some dyeing in store for them. The final result:


You can read more about how I dyed this and other garments in my tie dye post here on my blog.

Happy refashioning, and stay quirky!

2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

This made such a cute set. Tie dye in two colors really set it off.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Rennie said...

Great colours much better than that drab white jersey!