Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

T-shirts to Tie Dye Coordinates

Hey everyone! This time my refashion was created using two large men's t-shirts.

I found these shirts at the thrift store for $2 each. They each had velcro sewn into one of the shoulder seams.

I decided these would be perfect to transform into a new crop top and skirt set. Using a tank top pattern I had to trace out the shape, I used one of the shirts to create a top:

With the other shirt, I created a skirt:

For more detail on how I made these, check out this post on my blog.

The sewing wasn't the end of this refashion, though. These pieces had some dyeing in store for them. The final result:

You can read more about how I dyed this and other garments in my tie dye post here on my blog.

Happy refashioning, and stay quirky!


RanchHouse said...

This made such a cute set. Tie dye in two colors really set it off.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Renata Laura said...

Great colours much better than that drab white jersey!