NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Vintage Laura Ashley Refash

A fews weeks ago I found this vintage Laura Ashely dress (made in Great Britain) at my local Salvation Army!  Love that neckline, but its a little long...Long lengh and long sleeves.



See I didn't make it up...its really made in Great Britain!


1st I removed the side ties. At this point they were totally useless since the dress already fit me very well and I didn't need a random bow at my back.


Good bye ties!


Sewing together the holes the from the ties.


I really wasn't digging these buttons that blended in so I decided to change them to something more fun!

Awww like these cuties!

Next I needed to shorten this dress to bring it up to date. I used my dress I refashioned for watching the Kentucky Derby as a template for the length. I actually took about 10 inches off the length.


Pinning the new hem!

The sleeves were a little too long for my taste so I cut off about 2 inches and sewed a new sleeve hem.

Our wedding anniversary is July 13 so the husband and I decided to celebrate today with a trip to the zoo and dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants!

Got to see the penguins at the penguin house!!!

The Detroit Zoo has just added a wolf exibit! Here is the alpha wolf who is a female, girl power!

Me and my zoo swag! Zoo water bottle and stuffed artic fox!

Happy 3 years!

Followed by a yummy dinner at a family favorite: The Villa! The manicotti palamina and veal parmesan is amazing! I'm still full! 

 
Happy Refashioning!!!!

Check out my stash of refashes on my blog: therefashstash.wordpress.com

6 comments:

Carissa said...

What a fantastic find! The scalloped neck line is great, and the flower buttons are so much cuter than the fabric covered ones. Congrats on 3 happy years!

-Carissa
EOD

lily handmade designs said...

beautiful dress i so jealous you always find such nice gems

Marisa Glied said...

Thanks so much!!!! I love the neckline too, definitely unique! Totally happy with the change in buttons too! And we had a fantastic anniversary celebration!

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you!!! I guess I'm just naturally lucky! :)

RanchHouse said...

I have always loved Laura Ashley. The after kept the special LA look but updated.
Mary @ RanchHouse

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you!! I've always loved her prints!