NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, July 20, 2015

XL Pink Men's Dress Shirt Redesign

BEFORE:

20150324-pinkmenbefore.jpg

 

AFTER:


STEP 1: Remove collar and sleeves. Most importantly, introducing - Emma!

My sweet Emma, like most cats, prefers to sit on projects while they are being worked on. 

STEP 2: Use an old shirt that fits pretty well as a guide to estimate how much I need to take in the sides and how to angle the new sleeves. I turned the shirt inside out and used a marker to loosely outline the shape that I wanted for the sides and the sleeves. Then I sewed everything up and cut off the excess.

Optional: Use cat as paper weight in case shirts fly away

STEP 3: Make a new V-neck line. (Not pictured)

STEP 4: Cut off excess length and finish hem. This shirt is naturally shorter in the front and longer in the back. I wanted to keep this line so I used a ruler and marked 6 inches from the edge all the way around the shirt and connected the dots. I snipped away then finished off the edge.

 

THE END!

www.forestdesignhouse.com
Facebook: Forest Design House

4 comments:

Gingham Ginger said...

Love!

Gingham Ginger said...

Love!

Refashion said...

This is so lovely, I like the shape of the new top.

Debbie EOD

Heather Whatton said...

Thank you :)