Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Club Tr Op icana

I bought this T-shirt by Ocean Pacific for £1


It was to be the subject of a plan I had to embellish the neckline, while at the same time obliterating the golden sunglasses.

Firstly I reshaped the t-shirt by taking in the side seams in the normal way and shortening the length.

Next I cut a long brightly coloured strip and pleated it to form a sort of frill.




The sunglasses have now disappeared!  All that remained was to cut the neckline to shape and stitch the pleated frill in place.

There are more details and photos here .

Here are a few of the finished product.


 
The other side of the counter







2 comments:

cfort82 said...

I have done a couple of screen print cover ups myself. Interesting new idea. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jenny_o said...

Great idea for covering the original print. Lowering the neckline was key, and I wouldn't have thought of that!