NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Day 2. Basic bag sewing: Skirt to handbag (no rules)

A silk/linen skirt, that I had loved to bits, literally. I decided to make in into a lined, zippered handbag (purse).

At the same time I wanted to show, that you are allowed to break the rules, and can get great results doing it. I just went on sewing, attaching stuff here and there and going with my impulses, not caring about how you "should" do things.
I sewed wrong side to wrong side, and did an afterthough-zipper.
I had a lot of fun not doing thing the "proper" way, and got a great handbag out of it. So can you.
See the full post HERE
The strap is made from the waist of a faux leather skirt

4 comments:

jenny_o said...

Just to let you know, the link to the full post does not work :( Cute purse; I would like to see more details!

Carissa said...

I love the blue and white stripes with the faux leather. What a great combination, and what a great bag!

-Carissa
EOD

Saga said...

Thank you, Jenny O, now the link should work.

jenny_o said...

Thanks, Saga. I've left a comment on your blog.

I love how you did the zipper. It's good to think outside the box.