NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 4. Basic bag sewing. Sequin top to bucket bag.

Silk, sequins, lovely colour, but I just didn't use this lovely top.
I decided to make it into a bucket bag. The bucket bag is a simple shape, and fairly easy to make from tops.

It already had a lining. Less work for me.

I turned the top upside down, so the sequin edge was at the top.I cut the bag to a rectangular shape and sewed it to a tube.
I used the remnants to piece together a square bottom, and sewed it to the bag.
I put in grommets all the way around below the sequin edge and pulled black ribbon from my stash through it.
Lastly I attached the handles, that came from an old, worn out, bag.
The fabric is soft, so I made a base of a piece of cardboard and some heavy outdoor fabric.

A lovely bit of boho chic.

1 comment:

cfortin said...

Cute new bag!

Cindy- EOD
Upcycled Design Lab