NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Easy Refashion: Old Loose Swimsuit to New Strappy Swimsuit

I found this old swimsuit in my wardrobe. I tried it on but the straps kept falling off my shoulders, probably because of the low back of the suit.


I thought I could salvage it and jazz it up with the new 'strappy swimwear' trend. With some black swimsuit scrap fabrics, I transformed it into a more secure and slightly 'on-trend' swimsuit:



See My Blog for more details.

5 comments:

Saga said...

Great save and good looking refashion. I wouldn't have thought to refashion a swimsuit. But of course you can refashion anything.

RanchHouse said...

I am so glad to see this. You have motivated me to go work on my suits that need work. Swimsuits are so expensive. Great save!

jennifer elliott said...

Great save! I would definitely feel more comfortable wearing it with added straps. Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Lovenicky said...

Thanks for all your comments! I also don't understand why swimsuits are so expensive - it requires such little fabric! And yes - I try to refashion everything, except perhaps socks! ;-)

Erica Moody said...

Ooooh! Lovely bathing suit and you look great in it! I just finished a similar refash, where I closed up the back with a large bow that I took from another suit. Keeps my straps up and hides most of my back moles.