Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Etc, etc, etc

Hi Ladies!

Well, between my sister visiting, a reallyyy busy couple weeks at work, and celebrating my 1 year wedding anniversary, I've had exactly 0 time or brainpower to do much lately. I have managed to squeeze in a few little projects these last few weeks, and here they are. I promise, more exciting things to come soon!

A no-sew refash of a men's shirt. The design, in case it's hard to see, is a boom box with headphones attached. No before picture, I got a little excited before I started hacking into it, then realized when it was all done that no photos had been taken.... But I'm sure you all can imagine a men's XL tee!

I cut off the sleeves, neck, bottom, and then cut strips in the side which I then tied to create the look below

It was still a bit baggy over all, so I gathered the back and held it in place with a little loop of fabric

This dress is from the 'Giant box of things my XS/S BFF sent me' collection. It fit almost perfectly, but the bust was a leeeettllleee  too tight

I started by removing the elastic in the back, which right there gave it some more room.

I cut the straps, then down each side of the bust so I could insert some black jersey gussets

Inserting these little triangles was a paaaiiinnn. Getting them even on each side and an even width was a multi-try process

And done! I added the black on the straps too to make them longer
Side gussets. It looks a little loose because I wasn't wearing a bra...  With the proper undergarments, it now fits perfectly, AND that little seam you see there is a pocket. A business casual dress with pockets that now I can breathe in. Woo!

Here is an old pair of husband's pajama pants. I decided to make them into a skirt

Thanks for helping make sure everything is lined up correctly, Leon. 

I did the classic 'cut the legs apart, sew, leave a back vent' method. I then hemmed it a little because it was a scoosh too long

Not bad for a first attempt! It's obviously not for wearing out in public, and it's not perfect... I'm only 99% happy with it. More edits may be made in the future. The fabric around the knee area I think is a little too stretched to hang entirely right

But it has pockets! That's a huge plus, right?

Hugs to all!


RanchHouse said...

Congratulations on the anniversary.
Thanks for sharing these projects with us.
Mary @ RanchHouse Subbing for Sunday EOD

Samwise J. said...

Aww thanks Mary! I can't believe it's already been a year!