Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Floral skirt

I found this skirt at the thrift shop. I think it was a strapless tunic, it had those clear straps for hanging in the closet. I did try to wear as a skirt as it, but it was a bit too loose and I had to keep adjusting it throughout the day to keep the elastic shirring from showing.

I tried to cut the elastic thread but made a small hole in the fabric. I decided to cut my loses and proceed with a different strategy. So, I cut off the top ruffled edge, hemmed under and inserted elastic. This took maybe 10 minutes. Now it will be more comfortable and easier to wear as a skirt. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Hill said...

Looks much better this way! Good job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus