Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

How not to make a bleach-stencil T-shirt

What follows is the story of a refashion (actually 2) gone terribly wrong.

I started with this plain old black T-shirt...

And proceeded, after a failed attempt at stenciling a bird graphic onto it, to mangle it into this poorly dip-dyed tank top:

I would shamefully hide this refashion forever, except that I learned a few valuable lessons along the way, which I hope will be helpful to other crafters out there! I share interesting facts about bleach, stencils, and even a bonus about calligraphy ink!

Read it all at The Unfashionista blog!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Hill said...

If I shared all my mess ups it would flood this blog! Thanks for sharing what you've learned! Maybe the tank can be re-re-refashioned?

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus