Saturday, August 29, 2015

How not to make a bleach-stencil T-shirt

What follows is the story of a refashion (actually 2) gone terribly wrong.

I started with this plain old black T-shirt...

And proceeded, after a failed attempt at stenciling a bird graphic onto it, to mangle it into this poorly dip-dyed tank top:


I would shamefully hide this refashion forever, except that I learned a few valuable lessons along the way, which I hope will be helpful to other crafters out there! I share interesting facts about bleach, stencils, and even a bonus about calligraphy ink!

Read it all at The Unfashionista blog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I shared all my mess ups it would flood this blog! Thanks for sharing what you've learned! Maybe the tank can be re-re-refashioned?

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus