NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Minor alterations

I have finished a few items from the minor-alterations-pile.

Too small dress. Now a very useful cardigan.

Indian tunic. I took it in at the sides, removed most of the decoration at the neckline og shortened it.

Hugo Boss silk shirts. A size too small. I wanted them to still be figure hugging, but in my size. I added a piece of lace elastic to the back of both. I cut the lace 1 cm shorter than the back.

A wrap blouse. I cut the fronts from the opposite sides and sewed them to their "own" sides in stead = cardigan.

Too dark pictures, unfortunately. But the before dress had frills and lace and sleeves and lace on top of frills. I removed everything down to the core dress.

I also set little wedges in below the armhole to make better room for the bust.

2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

The little wedges are a good tool to keep in mind. I often add a full length to the side, but that much added all of the way down is not always needed. I wonder if taking out little wedges might be good in taking in some larger tops I have. Thanks for sharing this idea and the others.

cfortin said...

You have been busy. I really like the cardigan idea.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab