NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, August 07, 2015

Not a sewalong - dress

I am not a gingham person ( I am referrring to Refashion Runway Season 3, Week 2).
I really tried to figure out some way, I would like it. I Pinterested myself blue in the head. But no, I just can't do with gingham. Too cute, too kitchen curtains. And I don't care that it is in fashion right now.
But I did find this in the sale pile in my local fabric store, having gingham on my mind. A water repellant cotton fabric. And I actually liked it. I bought a remnant of it to make at pair of spats. But obviously it is not a refashion.
Disqualified for not using an existing wearable.

Quite a few tartan and checkered garments had also shown up, when I Pinterested gingham. So I decided to do a checkered refashion.
Disqualified for using a checkered fabric other than gingham. But luckily I am only sewing along.

A too large checkered skirt and the top of a dress from a previous refashion.

- I took the skirt in a the sides.

- I used the cutoff to make an asymmetric tube to use as neck adornment:
I haven't attached it yet. I am not sure of how it will look best.
- I sewed the top and bottom together and topstitched.

- Lastly I sewed black ribbon from my stash onto some of the seams of the skirt to give the dress a little edge.

It is SO me. It will be perfect for fall.
 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I like the ribbon around the waistband. It really adds a little something!

jennifer elliott said...

I love this dress! It's so cute with a touch of vintage. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott EOD