Wednesday, August 26, 2015

REFASHION: cute shorts before summer ends

shorts3
Shhhhh, don't tell my husband that I stole an old pair of his jeans (he hasn't worn them in years) and created nice cutoff shorts. The jeans were too big and too baggy, and I had to figure out how to fix those issues. After I cut off the legs, I rolled up the cuff and sewed it down. With the cuff sewn in place, I needed to take in the extra denim around the hip area -- hello, my hips aren't that big!

shorts2

I picked up two plaid shorts at a local consignment store for less than $5! Woot! Any cute or interesting pattern was my first factor -- price second and size third. I found the blue pair of shorts in the men's section and knew two problems needed to be fixed: bottom hem and baggy sides. No problem because those were the same issues with the denim shorts. However, the red pair of shorts needed some extra attention.

For more details and pictures, click here.


Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

RanchHouse said...

You have some great saves. Hope you have some good weather to wear them for a while longer.
<ary @ RanchHouse EOD