Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Refashion for Vacation

I needed a beach cover up for vacation. Since my New Year's Resolution was to not buy any new or thrifted clothing until I went through my refashion pile, I had to refashion one. I had this dress from 2 summers ago that I haven't really worn since. Partly because it is a bit short for me. But the light knit fabric was perfect for the beach. This one was easy because all I did was to chop off the sleeves.

I also did another quick refashion for vacation. I was gifted this nightgown which I loved because the fabric is so soft. But I really don't wear nightgowns, so I considered this for my beach cover up. But decided to go with the above cover up and use this one for a shirt.  


             And finally I refashioned a pair of capris that I never wear into shorts. I bought the shirt last year but my daughter asked if I made it! I will definately  use it as an inspiration for a refashion in the future : )



RanchHouse said...

Vacations may be my favorite Refashion event.
You really gave me some ideas for an upcoming Carib cruise/beach vacation.
I can think of several dresses that I have been stuck on for Refashions. With a little work, they would make good cover-ups for beach or even around the ship.
Thanks for sharing,
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

jenny_o said...

I like your New Year's Resolution and think I need to do the same, except not wait until the new year ... Those are both good useful refashions and turned out very well.