Saturday, August 22, 2015

Refashion Runway - Boho Chic Sew Along

Let's be honest here, i'm not even entirely sure what qualifies as Boho Chic!  But, when the Renegade Seamstress said that she wanted to see Boho Chic, I did my best.

This dress is actually a refashion of a refashion.


There's a "during" version of this dress, but it's too ugly to show here.  You can see it on my blog at


You could also learn how to fix a dryer there too, but that's another story entirely!

Using an old dress as a pattern I cut the skirt of the original dress into a shift dress.

After #2

New neckline
That large gather from the front of the skirt became a cowl neckline.

I like this dress, but for some occasions, it's WAY too much pattern!  I tone it down with a little sweater or shrug.



When I want to be a little more boho, I wear this dress with funky jewelry!

I made the earrings

Funky flea market necklace with homemade earrings

For more of my Refashions Click HERE!



3 comments:

jenny_o said...

Wow, this is beautiful boho! Love the colours, the pattern, and the style of the dress. Gorgeous!

Gema said...

Beautiful print Kathy! And love what you did with the accessories too! X

Carissa said...

I love the print! I can definitely see how you might want to tone it down on occasion though. Love it with the aqua cardigan!

-Carissa
EOD