Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Refashion Runway Challenge 5: Boho Chic

Hello, Everyone. I'm so excited that I've made it through another round of #RefashionRunway3. This season has been so much fun and all the ladies involved are so talented. I can't believe I've made it this far. Thank you so much for all your votes and support! :)

For the challenge we were given this week, I tried something a little different. I turned this drab nightgown into a fun Boho Chic tunic by dressing it up with decorative sewing stitches.

After I cut some length off, I began sewing decorative stitches around the neckline. I used a different color of thread for each row of stitches. I repeated this for the bottom hem.

Using the ruffle from the original hem of the nightgown, I made a breezy sleeve and sewed it into the armholes. Then, I continued with the decorative stitching down the front of my new shirt.

This was time consuming but a lot of fun. I go into greater detail on my site

A lot of sewing machines have decorative stitches. Try them out & have a little fun with it :)

If you haven't had a chance to see the other competitors' refashions for this week, Click here. Don't forget to vote for your favorite "Boho Chic" transformation!

Happy Refashioning!
~Laura, The Accidental Seamstress


Gema Ensenat said...

I love all the detail on this top! I'm envious you have access to such amazing machines... :) Beautiful job!! X

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks, Gema! :) I'm pretty lucky in that regard, yes :)

Carissa said...

This turned out fabulously! Now I'm going to have to experiment with my machine's decorative stitches.


Gema Ensenat said...

(On a side note, if you ever feel like doing a foreign exchange trip, I could TRY to do your job, and you could do mine? No? Pretty please?!)

Kathy W. said...

so cute!