NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

REFASHION: Skirts for Shelby

shelby5

I love making skirts for my 3-year-old niece, Shelby, and what I love more is Shelby loves wearing skirts! Yay! With old bed sheets taking up a ton of room in my stash, I decided matching skirts for my nieces and my sisters. Once I made one simple skirt for Miss Shelby, I needed to make more. The skirts aren't fancy by any means -- simple elastic waist -- but I really enjoy making tiny little skirts.


shelby4

I had some fun with the cute yellow lace skirt made from an old bed sheet that my parents kept from the 1970s. Because the sheet was a little see-through-ish, I created a layered lace skirt using my lace stash and remnants from the other four skirts I made from the sheet. I couldn't complete the skirt in one night since I had to forage for scraps from the other skirts.

shelby6

And, finally, Shelby's last skirt was made from another unsuccessful skirt of mine and a remnant from a pillowcase. I cut the contrasting fabrics into three- to four-inch strips and sewed the strips to together -- gray, white, gray, etc. From there, I hemmed the skirt, created a casing, inserted a piece of elastic, and stitched the side seam. Done!

For more awesome pictures and amazing commentary, please click here.

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Super cute! I'm sure your niece will love them!

-Carissa
EOD