NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Refashioners 2015 - Alternative Angles


Before and afters - front and back







  •  

I have really enjoyed  refashion runway and The the refashioners 2015.  These talented sewers are so inspirational, who could resist sewing along?

I took this pretty standard men's shirt and flipped it 90 degrees so the sides became the front and back - I'm not particularly recommending this, it was fiddly and took ages, but I'm happy with the end result.

I used the shirt collar for a neckline with and added contrast trim. 

 
 
I also re-used the pockets to make one central pocket
 



I'm planning for this to be my men's shirt refashion entry, there are more details of the process here




2 comments:

Carissa said...

Way to think outside the box! I love the contrasting trim!

-Carissa
EOD

jenny_o said...

Sooo nice - love the pockets on the front and that collar! Great originality!