Monday, August 31, 2015

Refashioners 2015 - Alternative Angles


Before and afters - front and back







  •  

I have really enjoyed  refashion runway and The the refashioners 2015.  These talented sewers are so inspirational, who could resist sewing along?

I took this pretty standard men's shirt and flipped it 90 degrees so the sides became the front and back - I'm not particularly recommending this, it was fiddly and took ages, but I'm happy with the end result.

I used the shirt collar for a neckline with and added contrast trim. 

 
 
I also re-used the pockets to make one central pocket
 



I'm planning for this to be my men's shirt refashion entry, there are more details of the process here




2 comments:

Carissa said...

Way to think outside the box! I love the contrasting trim!

-Carissa
EOD

jenny_o said...

Sooo nice - love the pockets on the front and that collar! Great originality!