Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tent to Minidress!

I started with a plus sized dress with a bulky design offering maximum coverage - floor length, a thick layer of lining, a padded bust. And like a sculptor I began hacking away until a new shape emerged...
I cut off the sleeves, I cut off the lower tier of the bottom, I lowered the neckline, pulled in the bust by adding darts, tailored the sides of the dress to fit. What I ended up with is (possibly in protest to the original form?) a teeny tiny minidress. I will hafta wear this one with shorts to avoid pulling a Marilyn....

But what I like best about this refashion is that it started out in a size so wrong for me that I had to really work to make it the right size. So it ended up with really well fitting tailoring on the tight bodice. Often, strapless dresses kinda slide down, etc. I don't think this one will - it fits as snug as a bug! LOL and of course I like showing off the gams too :P This one was fun to do!

1 comment:

cfortin said...

Cute refashion and pretty fabric.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab