Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 07, 2015

An outfit one year in the making

Because I always have several dozen projects of various kinds going on at once, things tend to get cast aside and lost in the shuffle of my scattered home/life. This is one of those projects. Let's go back in the summer of 2014...
Wow. Everything was so different back then (please note that I'm kidding.) I took a "before" picture of this green and black dress before I started messing with it. It has that "80s does 40s" look that I like and a gorgeous print. Of course, like most of my dresses from this era, it's just too much dress.
I guess that I moved onto other refashions and lost motivation for this one. It sat in the pile that I keep in a suitcase for "stuff I'll do later."
Fast forward...I finally finished something I started!
It's not visible in this picture, but I'd like to note that this is no longer a dress. It's a skirt and top. Here's the full post on my blog Craft, Thrift, or Die


jenny_o said...

Nice! I like how you solved the issue of fit without a zipper or other closure.

Samwise J. said...

I love that print! Completely bonkers. Looks great! :)

Refashion said...

Lovely dress now and what great fabric

Debbie EOD