NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Fabulous Fall Sweater Dress Refashion

I love love love fall, so I have been holding on to this sweater dress from the 80s that I found at my favorite thrift store. The top part fits perfectly, the bottom didn't fit so well. I decided it would make a perfect fall sweater!

Here it is before on my dress form:



And here it is after I finished with it! You'll have to pardon my use of bathroom selfies :)

I just love that it has pockets!




You can see the full refashion with details about how I handled this crazy knit fabric in the post on my blog, Em-provising. 

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

What gorgeous colours! Great idea to make over those 80's sweater dresses :)

Carissa said...

Wow! Less is definitely more! Now it's quirky and fun instead of dated and frumpy.

-Carissa
EOD