Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Pants to skinny pants

After last year's sewing feast, I approach this year with not so much on a refashion # but more of adding things to my wardrobe that I need and would wear a lot. Something that I wear a lot are pants in the lab.

One thing that I love and need- are a pair of black skinny jeans. I just never seem to find anything that fit me. It is almost impossible. To fix this I stumbled on a pair of black pants with some stretch. They fit perfectly in the hips and thighs, I just needed to fix everything below the knees.

I pinned the pants while wearing them. Then I sewed them on both the inside and outside of the legs so they would twist. I also removed the bottom cuff, which you can't really see in the picture. And got rid of that cuff. The beauty of making your own clothes is the fact that even though these are skinny jeans, they are not super tight and cut off my circulation or anything like that. I need to be able to squat and move and I can't have things being super tight.


For more information check out my blog here.

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

cfort82 said...

That's a great transformation. I wish I could wear skinny jeans. :-)
Cindy-EOD
Upcycled Design Lab