Monday, September 21, 2015

Professional Refash

This past weekend the husband and I attended an 8 hour dental hygiene seminar in our state's capital, Lansing. Our seminar was on Friday so we decided to stay until Saturday and make a weekend out of it!
However, I needed to refash myself a professional outfit!
I found this beautiful indigo skirt and cream satin blouse at the 50% off sale on Labor Day...



Lets start with the blouse...
I removed the sleeves.

After I removed the sleeves I folded over the arm holes so that there was no more shoulder seam.

I used a sleeveless shirt I already had as a template to size my new blouse.

I hemmed my new skirt a whole 4 inches shorter.

Ready to go learn for 8 hours!

After all the learning it was time for a drinkie-poo! A yummy hard cider!



After our dinner and drinks we drove over to the capital building for a quick photo. I am embarrassed to say that this was my 1st time to our capital. Doesn't my new outfit look so nice with my vintage shoes and purse!?
The next day I dragged my poor husband with me to a thrift store that was down the street from our hotel. What out of town trip would be complete without a trip to scrounge up some refash material!?

  
I wore my blouse with a pair of jeans for a casual look!



Our next stop was Potter Park Zoo! I stumbled across this while googleing attractions  in Lansing. It was a good thing too because we just LOVE visiting zoos!!!

See my casual look!? I just love love love the ruffles and lace on this blouse!!

 


Happy Refashioning!!!
 
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Carissa said...

It looks very professional with the skirt, but I LOVE the ruffles and denim outfit! Fantastic!

-Carissa
EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you so much! I was very happy with how the top could be professional and casual!