NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Professional Refash

This past weekend the husband and I attended an 8 hour dental hygiene seminar in our state's capital, Lansing. Our seminar was on Friday so we decided to stay until Saturday and make a weekend out of it!
However, I needed to refash myself a professional outfit!
I found this beautiful indigo skirt and cream satin blouse at the 50% off sale on Labor Day...



Lets start with the blouse...
I removed the sleeves.

After I removed the sleeves I folded over the arm holes so that there was no more shoulder seam.

I used a sleeveless shirt I already had as a template to size my new blouse.

I hemmed my new skirt a whole 4 inches shorter.

Ready to go learn for 8 hours!

After all the learning it was time for a drinkie-poo! A yummy hard cider!



After our dinner and drinks we drove over to the capital building for a quick photo. I am embarrassed to say that this was my 1st time to our capital. Doesn't my new outfit look so nice with my vintage shoes and purse!?
The next day I dragged my poor husband with me to a thrift store that was down the street from our hotel. What out of town trip would be complete without a trip to scrounge up some refash material!?

  
I wore my blouse with a pair of jeans for a casual look!



Our next stop was Potter Park Zoo! I stumbled across this while googleing attractions  in Lansing. It was a good thing too because we just LOVE visiting zoos!!!

See my casual look!? I just love love love the ruffles and lace on this blouse!!

 


Happy Refashioning!!!
 
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Carissa said...

It looks very professional with the skirt, but I LOVE the ruffles and denim outfit! Fantastic!

-Carissa
EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you so much! I was very happy with how the top could be professional and casual!