Wednesday, September 16, 2015

REFASHION: Two skirts for Tova

With a determined effort to reduce my refashion piles, I quickly turned two more pillowcases into two skirts for my niece, Tova. As much as I love refashioning pillowcases into skirts, fingers crossed I found all the extra pillowcases in my stashes. I had one remnant of a grey floral pillowcase from Shelby's skirt.


920.grey

From the first light grey pillowcase I made a cute little wrap skirt for Tova, but it had some minor issues. Instead of fixing the problems, I made a simple elastic waist skirt from the second light grey pillowcase. I cut the pillowcase to Tova's preferred length, and I opened the cuff of the pillowcase to insert the elastic. Because the fabric is knit jersey NO HEMMING NECESSARY! Yay!


920.rednine

For more babbling and more picture, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

RanchHouse said...

I love the bright blue dot. I cant believe the pillowcase stash is down to none. I may need to put that on my goal list.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse eOD