Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Blah Brown Sweater

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have seen sweaters and sweatshirts with lace and trim lately and decided to                                                  make my own before cool Fall arrives.

                      I started with this shapeless boring brown sweater.It is just so ... blah.

I took it in so it wasn't quite so shapeless and baggy.

I sewed this small lace tablecloth inside along the bottom hem. It seems to be a soft polyester, so fraying won't be a problem.

This is the finished sweater, ready for cool Fall days.

For more details go to I Can Work With That . And thanks for reading.


RanchHouse said...

Thanks so much for showing that you gathered the lace. The gather really adds to the technique. This is definitely on my list.

Mary @ RanchHouse

jennifer elliott said...

I've seen the same project and technique! I used lace to lengthen a nice casual T-shirt, and I want to try it with a sweater. I just need more lace. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott EOD

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. Welcome to the Refashion Co-op!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks ladies. The lace was fun.