Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Denim Shorts That Took Over My Life

Hello Refashion Co-op. This was supposed to be such a simple thing. I just wanted to cut these jeans into shorts. I did that but struggled with the fit. The waist was good but the hips were awful. My mommy pouch looked 20 lbs bigger. The backside was just as bad.

I thought it was a lost cause but tried to take some bulk out from the sides. I didn't think my machine could sew through heavy denim. And if it could would the new seam hold together?

I sewed down each side and  dodged between the rivets here.

They fit and I am glad I kept trying. It took me about a week, much longer than I planned.

For more details check my blog, I Can Work With That, here.


Andrea said...

I've done this plenty of times and am always amazed that my machine makes it through ;) Great way to slim down the fit and makes for a much more wearable pair of shorts! Great job! Next time you post make sure to add your username as a label just before publishing, that way we can keep all of your awesome refashions sorted and easy to find when someone wants to search for all of your work :) I've updated that for now, so no need to do anything this time!

Andrea EOD

Anielska Aniela said...

I see you're shorts loves like me,
great job!