There was a list of things I didn't like, the shine of the fabric, the indented chevrons, the collar shape, the shiny buttons and in fact I had already shortened the length and the sleeves.
Not being someone to fear a bit of experimentation I got the hair shears and gave it a shave, with a further bit of help from my fabric scissors. This was time consuming, hand hurting and very,very messy!!
I decided to unpick the collar and turn it into a collar and revere. I like this far more. Eventually I thought it was done, but no! The next day I decided to steam the fabric with my iron! This eliminated the shine on the fur. Now it was done!
For a more detailed report on the refashioning of, not only the restyling of the coat, but the manipulation of the faux fur fabric check my blog post here.