This weekend, I decided to refashion a little sweater in anticipation of real sweater weather to come. The double-breasted button placket on this rusty orange cardigan was super annoying - the bottom layer kept getting wadded up under the top layer. Combined with the remnants of another refashion from a few years back though, it'll make a perfect transitional top for this transitional weather.
I removed all the buttons and reattached half of them closer to the edge opposite the button holes. That fixed the awkward button placket. I cut up the back of the sweater and inserted a triangular panel of the sheer floral fabric to make it a looser, flowier top.
I also added the floral collar to the cardigan for a little extra color in front. Finally, I reattached the other half of the buttons in between the original ones, to make sure there was no gaping. I simply sewed them on through both layers of the sweater since I can now get it on and off over my head easily.
Check out the full post on CarissaKnits!