Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, October 05, 2015

Flowy Fall Flowers

This weekend, I decided to refashion a little sweater in anticipation of real sweater weather to come. The double-breasted button placket on this rusty orange cardigan was super annoying - the bottom layer kept getting wadded up under the top layer. Combined with the remnants of another refashion from a few years back though, it'll make a perfect transitional top for this transitional weather.

Flowy Fall Flowers Sweater - BeforeFlowy Fall Flowers Sweater - Before

I removed all the buttons and reattached half of them closer to the edge opposite the button holes. That fixed the awkward button placket. I cut up the back of the sweater and inserted a triangular panel of the sheer floral fabric to make it a looser, flowier top.

Flowy Fall Flowers Sweater - After

I also added the floral collar to the cardigan for a little extra color in front. Finally, I reattached the other half of the buttons in between the original ones, to make sure there was no gaping. I simply sewed them on through both layers of the sweater since I can now get it on and off over my head easily.

Flowy Fall Flowers Sweater - After

Check out the full post on CarissaKnits!

Flowy Fall Flowers - Before & After


Refashion said...

I love the fabric combination you have chosen and the shape of the triangle on the back


Amy Jo said...

Looks amazing!