Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Game of Thrones, part 2: sweater cape

This one of my outfits worn by my wrestling character when I did a month-long return to my old wrestling promotion last April. My last post was a cut-up velvet dress and DIY necklace as part of my Game of Thrones inspired wrestling show costume series. Here's another one. It's a sweater that I turned into a cape. Spoiler alert: I pretty much just cut the sleeves off.
Here's the big, green sweater from Savers. Below is the faux fur collar that I unbuttoned from another sweater and attached a chain and some clips to.
My look for that week was a nod to Lady Catelyn Stark, a motherly figure from GoT. On the show (or in the books), each family or "house" has a symbol. I was a member of WAW Wrestling from 2001-2012 and during this time, my character Moody Starr was nicknamed "The Queen Bee." I found a pendant with a bee on it and added that to my costume as the symbol for the House of Starr.

Here's the sweater which is now an armless sweater; therefore it's a cape!
See more of the process (well, mostly just read about my thought process) in my post at Craft, Thrift, or Die!


Elizabeth Hill said...

I love your projects! Great costume!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

therefashstash said...

Amazing job! Looks great!!

Catherine1216 said...

This is beautiful on you. You did a great job on it.