NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Indian Summer? Pah!

I'm not sure if you're experiencing warm weather where you are at the moment, but here in London, from one minute to the next, I don't know whether it's going to pour down - or crack the flags!
I mean, I don't mind sunshine - I'd prefer it, but it does feel like too little, too late; what happened to our summer?

So, Moaning Minnie moment over (!) - here's my last summery refashion for the year. In fact, it's just a cut, no sewing involved, so in a way mirrors what I feel about the British Summer; going out with a fizzle...
I took a too-tight-around-the-throat t-shirt...

And opened it up to make it more beach-worthy...

Nothing difficult about it, it was a nice easy 'detox' after the surge of outfits created for the Refashion Runway (which feels like years ago now..!). If you'd like to see how I went about it, details can be found here...

Before 'n' After

I'm really enjoying all your Halloween outfits... will see if I can come up with anything worthy of sharing in the next couple of weeks! In the meantime, wishing you sunshine wherever you are x
Gema x

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I know what you mean! Those weekly Refashion Runway challenges can really take it out of you! Glad to see you easing back into it. :)

This tee looked a little uncomfortable to begin with. I hate necklines that are too tight. But your simple solution make a huge difference!

-Carissa
EOD

Gema Ensenat said...

Thanks Carissa! And there should be a word or expression for it, like 'refashion burnout' or something ;) Talk about taking it back to basics!! :D