Monday, October 19, 2015

my new winter coat

Re-cutting and remaking a coat from another coat is a lot easier than I would have thought some years back - providing that there is sufficient fabric!, .  Also, these coats can be very cheap (because they are dated) and very good quality fabric (because this quality isn't produced to the same extent).  I am really happy with this one, I drafted a simple raglan coat pattern, and also made a detachable hood with the left overs... more details on blog post  www.theupsew.com



2 comments:

cfort82 said...

Very nice refashion. Your whole outfit looks great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

eimear said...

thanks very much, the rest of what i am wearing is also upcycle (except for boots!)which means i am getting nearer my goal of a nearly handmade wardrobe