Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Panty Fix

This might be a little strange but I decided to alter these cute little panties. When I bought these I thought they were cute but did not think about the comfort level of them. The back is a fish net stocking type of material and was not at all enjoyable to sit on all day. I didn’t want to toss a new pair of panties so I chose to update them. I also have never worked with elastic before and this was the perfect small project to start with. 

First, I cut the front part from the back. Then I placed the back cut out part on a black t-shirt, which is far too small for me now, and cut around the outline. Next, I sewed the new cut out t-shirt part to the original front part. I wanted to keep the original elastic to match the rest so I cut that out of the back piece and sewed it onto the new t-shirt piece. Last, I sewed the sides together and done. They are still just as cute but much more wearable.  



g.satansbraten said...

;-) - weeell, this is - perhaps and at least for your mentioned learning purpose to sew stretch material - a really great way.
... just checking, whether I should have done the same to mine; yet I decided to rather utilise them as matching stretchy AND luckily colour* matching lace part as occasional top/halters to an otherwise high waisted full skirt and hence use this 'flexibility' to wear the skirt as dress as well at other times.

LG, Gerlinde

* couldn't resist, since the orange-red was a real real perfect match to the skirt :-o + ;-)
... and they weren't scratchy/itchy anyway

jennifer elliott said...

I'm with you -- I hate when new things don't work out after the first wear. Good save.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD