NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pink Pinch Dress

I picked up a couple of dresses on an online super clearance. The price was right and they looked good in photos, but when they arrived, I realized that I had ended up getting a shapeless knit tent.

I didn't have to do much to fix this problem. 

I brought in the sides at the top then created a waist by adding pinch-type pleats on each side, in the back and then two in the front. This shaped the skirt much better and gave it some movement.

Then I cut off the long sleeves to make them 3/4.

My (dark) after photo is following a long day at work, I styled my refashioned dress for the office with all black accessories - tights, belt, cardigan and a chunky black necklace.

You can read more details on the process on my blog, ProbablyRachel.com.

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

So pretty! I love it. I love wearing a skirt or dress with a cute sweater and tights. Nice job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD