Thursday, October 15, 2015

Quick Refashion - Long Sleeve to Short Sleeve Shirt

My mother-in-law picked up this cute little number at a thrift store for me.  
I liked it enough that I didn't want to transform it completely, but I really didn't like how it looked on at all.


I decided to start with a simple alteration and see if it made me feel any differently about the way the shirt looked on.  The arm had one of those weird roll up 3/4 sleeves with the little strip of fabric that holds it all up and buttons to the outside of the sleeve.  It definitely had to go.  I took that off and turned it into a short sleeve.


That made all the difference in the world.  I love the way it looks on now.  Sometimes the simplest alterations are all that are needed to make a piece work for you.  


3 comments:

highest shelf said...

So nice to see someone else who thinks those button-up sleeves are kinda weird. It looks so much fresher now.

jennifer elliott said...

I agree! I don't the 3/4 sleeve length anyway. Either make it long sleeve or short sleeve. Love the refashion -- very bright and cheery. Perfect for summer day and goes well with the cutoff jeans. Nice job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jenny_o said...

I really like that colour and fabric. A quick fix is always welcome.