NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Quick Refashion - Long Sleeve to Short Sleeve Shirt

My mother-in-law picked up this cute little number at a thrift store for me.  
I liked it enough that I didn't want to transform it completely, but I really didn't like how it looked on at all.


I decided to start with a simple alteration and see if it made me feel any differently about the way the shirt looked on.  The arm had one of those weird roll up 3/4 sleeves with the little strip of fabric that holds it all up and buttons to the outside of the sleeve.  It definitely had to go.  I took that off and turned it into a short sleeve.


That made all the difference in the world.  I love the way it looks on now.  Sometimes the simplest alterations are all that are needed to make a piece work for you.  


3 comments:

highest shelf said...

So nice to see someone else who thinks those button-up sleeves are kinda weird. It looks so much fresher now.

jennifer elliott said...

I agree! I don't the 3/4 sleeve length anyway. Either make it long sleeve or short sleeve. Love the refashion -- very bright and cheery. Perfect for summer day and goes well with the cutoff jeans. Nice job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jenny_o said...

I really like that colour and fabric. A quick fix is always welcome.