Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, October 05, 2015

Refashion Mathematics: Part 3

In part 3 of Refashion Mathematics, 1 grandma dress + gifted fabric = 2 cute dresses

A couple months before my husband's grandmother passed away, she was clearing her closet of clothes that she no longer wore, and passed a few pieces on to me.

I loved the color and pattern of this dress, but the cut was totally 90's school teacher (or 00's grandmother).

I cut the middle out of the ankle-length dress to shorten it to knee length. The extra fabric from the middle I used to add a little extra fullness to the skirt.
It looks super cute with a white cardigan too.
The jacket from the dress got chopped up and added to some fabric that I was gifted and turned into a sun dress for my daughter. I made it a little loose, so it should fit her again next summer as well.
She loves her Royals dress!


Refashion said...

Two great refashions. Your dress looks lovely and I like the fabric. Your daughter looks very sweet. Love the simple shape of the sundress


Amy Jo said...

Wow. Good job changing that grandma outfit!