There appeared to be approximately 2 yards of fabric here, and it was dreamily soft. I figured there would be plenty of fabric in it for a cape. Wrong! There was no where near enough fabric to lay my patter piece out on.
Well, let me rephrase that, there was enough fabric, it just required a lot of piecing.
Eventually (after getting frustrated a few times) I got it all pieced together, and there was hardly anything left of the original skirt. But there was definitely a cape!
Although it wasn't planned, I actually really like the overall look of the pieced together cape back. I'll call this refashion a success, and it should get plenty of wear this fall (my favorite season!)!
To see a full account of how this cape came together visit my blog The Sewing Goatherd.
Alyssa, The Sewing Goatherd