Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, October 09, 2015

Spiderweb and her pet

I just moved to a new smaller apartment. Between the craziness of the move, and the fact that I sold or gave away most of the contents of my Projects Box, I haven't been able to create any refashioned masterpieces and might not for a while!

But here's a Halloween costume I did last year, before I was a member of the co-op. It's the perfect project for anyone who has a spiderweb dress lying around (and who doesn't, right?)!

 I started with this long form-fitting dress in a spiderweb mesh fabric (shown here with the bottom already cut off)
And snipped and sewed it into this shorter frillier thing (complete with spidery veil).
No spiderweb is complete without a spider, so my poor unwilling dog was conscripted as my must-have accessory! [Spider attached to dog sweater by strips of velcro.]

Happy Halloween, fellow Refashioners!


jenny_o said...

Love the changes you made. And major props for the pup costume!!

jennifer elliott said...

I love love love the spider costume for your little one! So cute. Have you seen the video where a dog is dressed as a black spider and scares people in the night. It's hilarious and so cute at the same time.

Andrea said...

Spider costume is adorable! And very clever of you ;) Love the spiderweb lace piece as well...perfect accompaniment to your pup.

Andrea EOD

Anielska Aniela said...

What a sweet spider!