Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Stamped-on moth costume

I needed a costume and decided to go as a moth. Such a guy.
But a moth that someone has stamped on.

Part 1 - Upper body.
Black T-shirt, white textile paint, winter boots.

I used the boots a stamp.

And cut in the T-shirt to make it look destroyed.

Part 2 - Eyes and antennaes
Hair band, pipe cleaners, and a tennis ball cut in two.

I painted the tennis ball parts black and sewed them to the hairband (= eyes). I attached the pipe cleaners to the hairband (= antennaes). One crumpled up.

Part 3 - Wings
Chiffon from this dress and a few meters of fence wire.

I cut the chiffon moth-wing-shaped, made a casing along the uper edge and pulled the fence wire through. A loop of the fence wire is attached to my bra (which turned out to be a just fine rest for the wings). I did that with both wings.

A bandage on one arm, black pencil skirt, grey patterned tights, and black boots.

Back-combed hair because moths have fluffy heads. Grey and black makeup.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Haha! How original! I love how many different materials/objects you made use of to create this. Great job!