Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Swimsuit cover up

I refashioned this white linen shirt into a swimsuit cover up.  I wore it a couple of times and did not feel comfortable in it.    The shirt has a lot of pretty details and I did not want to get rid of it.   I tried to keep most of them except for the ones on the sleeves.



Now I can wear it to the beach or pool parties and fee comfortable wearing it.Swimsuit cover up

The sleeves were removed and from that I made facings for the armholes

I opened the sides and inserted lace

The shoulders now have a gathered tie.
 Thank you for viewing.


whatthesew said...

A great refashion, looks good without the sleeves. Look forward to more posts.

Andrea said...

so cute! I've been wanting to make myself a coverup similar to this, and I love how you did it :)

Carissa said...

Very cute! It's amazing the difference from removing the sleeves. I love the lace inserts too!

Editor of the Day

P.S. Be sure to only use your username "Blanca" as a label please. One of our editors will go back later and add the appropirate "#" labels for categorization.