Monday, October 19, 2015

The Polka Dot Blues

This $3.50 dress had a lot of potential. It just needed a few tweaks. Well, several tweaks.

Blue Polka Dot Dress - Before

I removed the ginormous shoulder pads and the weird faux double-breasted buttons. I chopped off the poofy sleeves and finished the armholes. I patched a tiny hole in the skirt. I shortened the skirt by about 6 inches. And I replaced the missing zipper pull tab with an awesome skull charm from a thrifted necklace.

Blue Polka Dot Dress - In Progress

Good as new! Actually, better!

Blue Polka Dot Dress - After

Blue Polka Dot Dress - After

You can find more details and photos at CarissaKnits!

Blue Polka Dot Dress - Before & After

2 comments:

Refashion said...

That is a really sweet dress.

Anonymous said...

Pretty dress! You look so pretty in that color too!!