Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Old Dress, New Skirt

This is another dress from my friends daughters goodwill pile.
This is such a cute dress ... but NOT on me! lol

I am completely in love with the print!!!  Look at these adorable little seagulls!

I originally tried to work with the existing gather and just add an elastic band to make a skirt, but that was a total bust.  

I decided to completely direct the skirt and ended up with a ton of fabric to work with.

I kept it real simple.  I cut two panels that were a few inches larger than my hips on each side.  Sewed the panels together.  I created a casing on the top for the elastic and hemmed the bottom.

Viola!  Super simple, easy skirt with adorable seagulls!  


Accidental Seamstress said...

That fabric is AWESOME! :)

jenny_o said...

Such a cute print; the simple lines of the skirt let the fabric shine! Now, you must have some left over for another project ...

jennifer elliott said...

I love the seagulls too! So cute! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

therefashstash said...

Awesome simple skirt with an incredibly cool pattern!