NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Onesie and pants from two old shirts: even better this time!

Well, here's another oldie but goodie. I found this one when I was cleaning out my kids' closets. I got a few items of kids' clothing out of these two old shirts of mine. I loved the fabric and the colours and the print - they were even better the second time around.
Here is what the shirts looked like before:


Here's the onesie and pants that I made out of them, using the online tutorial that I linked to in my last post (here it is again, in case you need it:
http://omi-creates.blogspot.ca/2010/02/baby-boy-onesie-with-binding-tutorial.html)

You can see that the sleeves of the long sleeved hoodie ended up as the legs of the pants, and I used the raspberry stripey shirt for the body of the onesie, with some scraps from the hoodie as the binding:


Pretty cute, eh? My daughter is five now, but I've kept this outfit, she wore it so much, and so did her little sister - waiting for somebody special to pass it along to! Stay tuned for the sweater I made more recently out of the hood and scraps - my three year old is still wearing it!

Thanks for reading,
Amy



1 comment:

Carissa said...

Your daughter looked *so adorable* in it, and I'm sure whomever you pass it along to will love it! Great job!

-Carissa
EOD