Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Too Cropped For Comfort

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie. Today's project was inspired  by the recent T-shirt Surgery series that was posted here. I believe the projects belong to Saga. I had this sweatshirt in a beautiful shade of pale pink. I love the color but the cropped length just doesn't work for me. (Motto: My belly button, my business.)

My solution was to add a piece of this black shirt in the middle of the sweatshirt.

There was black fabric left over so I added some decoration.

And I went to the store. 

Thanks to everyone on this blog for all the inspiration. And thanks for reading too. For more details, check my blog I Can Work With That


cfortin said...

I like the new shape much better. I can remember wearing cropped tops but now the longer the better. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Saga said...

I am honored to have inspired you. Great refashion :-)

Catherine1216 said...

I'm so glad you posted this and that I found this blog. I may be able to save some shirts. I hate when they get too short.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks. I had to hide the baby flab.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks. It is nice to see examples and ideas.

Chickie Walsh said...

I wish I could say the shirts are shrinking but really, I am growing.