I liked the style and my plan was to make it bigger by adding extra panels at the back, but this proved to much complicated work and I changed to the simpler plan of making the bottom part into a skirt.
I added a cord frill, the fabric from which came from an old jacket, and also used the lining of the jacket to cover up the back of the frill, which looked quite messy.
More details of the process here
I couldn't resist adding some flowers.
I thought length of this skirt would be suitable for wearing with boots when the weather eventually gets colder, but at the moment it's still t-shirt and sandals weather.