Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, November 23, 2015

A Scarf for the Scarfaholic

Last week was our roomie's Birthday!!! Yay!!!
So the question was...what should I get for her!? ...Or make for her!? ;)

I hope you aren't thinking I got her a bandanna, scrub top, scrap fabric or yard of black lace for her Birthday gift...because that would be a very random gift, even if she is getting into refashioning.
All these things were made into an infinity scarf! Let me tell you this girl is a SCARFAHOLIC! She has the biggest collection of scarfs in the state of Michigan! So I figure why not add 1 more scarf to the collection!?

1st I cut 2 long rectangles from the back of the scrub top.

I layed out the bandanna. Pinned 3 inches of the white scrap fabric and then pinned the rectangles from the scrub top to that.

I added about 10inches of the black lace. Folded over the fabric and sewed the edge together.

Finally I sewed the edges together to make it an infinity scarf.
Ta da!

Here we go! It was ready to be wrapped up for present time!
Sorry readers but I have yet to snap pic of our roomie actually wearing this scarf but I will say she loves it and has worn it twice already :)
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashsions on my blog:



Refashion said...

I love the juxtaposition of the different fabrics in this scarf. Great job!

Debbie EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you so much!