Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, November 13, 2015

Bat costumes

I meant to post these earlier, in October, but to be honest I only finished them on Hallowe'en - just in time for the kids to go trick or treating! I cut up my husband's ugly old bathrobe for part of these costumes (the white fabric). I didn't take a clear before photo of the bathrobe, because it was one of my first ever projects done on a sewing machine (I used to make wacky clothing in high school by hand) and it was crazy ugly and sloppy. Anyway, here's the bathrobe being disassembled:

 As you cas see, I used a dress that fits my daughter as a guide for sizing. Let's get a close-up of that mug!

And here's the inspiration stuffy:

The kids were pretty happy with the final product!

And a better look:

Thanks for reading! 


Valerie said...


DressUpNotDown said...

The cutest little bats ever!!!!!!!!!


jenny_o said...

Aw ... those are super cute! Great job.

Andrea said...

such cute costumes! Great job and thank you for sharing as I have a son who is very fond of bats ;)

Andrea EOD