Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Refashion Runway 1st Challenge Alternate

For my 1st challenge in Refashion Runway Season 3 I had 2 different ideas which made it really difficult to choose one to submit. (The challenge was to refashion something using stripes or geometric shapes with floral). Well, I made my decision and now I will finally share my 2nd choice with you!

Pretty cute huh? Except that I feel like it's strangling me! Yikes! Too small!
The tag said large but my sneaking suspicion was that it was a little girls large. Oh well! I only wanted the bottom 1/2 anyway!

I used my seam ripper to seperate the top from the bottom.

Next up the new top! I bought this "dress" to pair with the orange floral bottom of the other dress. Little did I know, this was actually a night dress. So in the same shopping trip I managed to pick out 2 items that clearly weren't in the right place.

Again, I used my seam ripper to seperate this "dress".

I measured just under my bustline, added 2 inches to the measurement and cut a piece of 3 inch elactic. Then I sewed the elastic together.

I pinned the elastic to the new top of my dress.

Pinned the new top to the orange floral bottom from the other dress.

The orignial dress had side ties. When I removed them from the dress I kept them to use as a headband.

The husband and I decided to check out Sea Life Aquarium at the Greak Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall. Date Day!

Sitting in a turtle egg!

That eel in the background was 6 foot long and about 3 feet around! Wow!



Moon jellies!

Then we finished our date day at our favorite BBQ restaurant Union Woodshop in Clarkston. I had my usual drink, Kid Rock 'N Rye: Jim Beam Red Stag Bourbon and Faygo Rock 'n Rye. Yumm-o!

And to top the night off we even got to sit by Guy Fieri's signature! This restaurant was featured on Tripple D for their awesome mac 'n cheese!!

Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog:


Carissa said...

I love the neutral stripe with the bright floral. And the little headband from the ties is genius. You look adorable!


Marisa Glied said...

Thank you so much!!!! I was so happy with the stripes and the orange floral together, better than I had hoped!

Chickie Walsh said...

Great color combo!

Catherine1216 said...

I love what you did with the two dresses. The new dress is better fitting and I love the headband.

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you so much!

g.satansbraten said...

Nightie - Baaah - WHO says ?

I think it was the designer Prue Acton which was once commented even by Queen Elizabeth with something like ' What would we be without Prue: she made underwear fashionable as top cloths'.

Wanna try yourself and ask 'The Lady' as well for opinion or am I just fair enough for approval ;-) ?

LG, Gerlinde