Friday, November 13, 2015

Super Easy & Cheap Cowgirl Shawl

I was so disheartened to see these shawls run for $400-$600 - I get that they are made from baby goats & probably sewn under a full moon by fairies, but I just couldn't swing that price tag! Here's the version I made for around $8!  I used just under 2 yards of a 2-way knit fabric.
My version is only $8 & no goats were harmed in the making of my shawl.
Cutting the fringe was the trickiest part for me & I might try this with ultra suede & slightly different technique -but overall I'm super happy with it!  I'm also inspired to "re-fringe" some of the ponchos in my closet that need a face lift.


A full tutorial is posted at www.CraftReincarnated.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Very cute! Just a heads up that we ask you not use pictures that are not your own, however you can always simply link us to the site where we can view the pics. Great way to copy the look at a much better price :) And the fact that no baby goats were harmed in the making of this is even better ;)

Andrea EOD