Monday, November 23, 2015

The Floral Sweater Refashion Disaster

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie here with a great idea that didn't work out. I got careless and ruined it. I still like the idea and wanted to share it. I started with these two tops. The sweater is very pretty but too short. The green blouse is in great shape but very professional and formal.


I used the bottom of the blouse to lengthen the sweater. I cut off about 5 inches. So far, so good.


K.C. the dog supervised as I narrowed the waist and attached the green ruffle. The green blouse had pleats and I wanted to iron them out.

He's not a great supervisor.

Oops! The iron was set on high heat and the blouse just sort of melted. I should have checked the setting, but I didn't. 


Here is the sweater after. It was fine, so I removed the melted green ruffle and wore a shirt under it. 

Unhappy face.

Thanks for reading. If you want more details of this complete failure go to I Can Work With That

6 comments:

Refashion said...

You did make me laugh, and I salute your honesty in showing a failed project. We all have them but don't always share!

Debbie EOD

RanchHouse said...

I also have melted with the iron. Mine was the velvet collar on a major project. Lucky I had enought to recut.
Glad yours worked out. Cute results.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks!

Chickie Walsh said...

Glad I'm not the only one.

Minnygirl said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who has projects that don't end up as originally planned. I don't have your courage to post a failed project on my blog www.vintagethrifter51.com but maybe I should to show that sometimes things just don't go as planned. Love the idea though, it is too bad it didn't work. Cheers, Michele

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Michelle. It was just one of those days. Oh, well.