Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Jumpsuit With Issues! Big Issues! Vintagethrifter51

Since my husband and I will be going to Jamaica in the spring to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary, I am always on the lookout for pieces to take with me.  I found this beautiful black and white strapless jumpsuit at Value Village.  It still had the original price tag on it for $99.99, but I snagged it for only $7.99, plus 30% off.  While it is beautiful, the big draw back is that it is a 4X and is huge on me, I had to pin it doubled over around my dressmaker's mannequin.   This is a simple fix; a little elastic, a little patience and some sewing and it will be better than new.
image
image
So after trying it on, I measured two pieces of elastic; one for the top in black in case it might show and one for the waistband in white that wouldn't be seen.
image
Then I just pinned them equally around the appropriate spots.
image
I stretched the elastic to fit it and sewed it to the jumpsuit.
image
Now it fits perfectly.  It is a wonderful piece to dress up or down.  What do you think of the results of another quick and easy refashion?
image
The best part about this refashion is that when I was at Value Village and was struggling to find my 30% off coupon in my purse, a lovely lady who I had happened to meet before at VVs saw my predicament and offered me an extra 30% off coupon that she had.  She told me that a while before she had been in line in front of me and since I had an extra coupon then, I gave it to her.  A classic and delightful example of what goes around, comes around.  Niceness does come back to you eventually, but sometimes it comes back when you least expect it.  Cheers, Michele  Check out my blog at www.vintagethrifter51.com

1 comment:

cfort82 said...

Great save. What a fun print and style.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab